[Trac] Multiple Projects with Postgres

Jeff Weiss trac at jeffweiss.org
Tue Dec 20 14:20:05 CST 2005

So the scenario is:

x projects.  Same users.  Each user has the same set of permissions
for each project.

As far as I know, there's nothing available in the stock version of
Trac to help automate that, other than apache configurations pointing
to the same authentication source, but that still doesn't solve your
authorization/permission issue.
While creating a "master" project may work in the current setup, my
concern is that it might not provide you an easy upgrade path if the
Trac database schema changes.
Assuming you want the exact same set of permissions for all projects
(not the situation where project B has a superset of the permissions
of project A), you could theoretically modify the Trac code to get all
the permissions from the same database (see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/queries-table-expressions.html#QUERIES-FROM),
but this would be Postgres dependant and even less upgradable.