[Trac] Help Request: AddComment wiki macro

Clay Loveless clay at killersoft.com
Sun Jul 10 01:01:51 CDT 2005

Hello,

I'm hoping that some of you with more experience working with the trac trunk
will be willing to take a look at this problem.

The current trunk of the AddComment macro [1] is not functional with the
current 0.9 trunk (changeset 1930). Attempting to use the AddComment macro
fails with this error:

Error: Macro AddComment(appendonly) failed
    components

I have no idea what this means. : )

I have opened a ticket on the trac-hacks site, but rather than hope that it
gets fixed, I'd like to take this opportunity to learn more about the inner
workings of trac.

I have tried looking through changesets that may have affected wiki macro
functionality since the last revision that the AddComment macro was known to
work. I believe that this [2] could be part of the problem, but I don't know
for sure.

The AddComment macro is a relatively short bit of code -- just under 100
lines. Would someone be willing to skim through it and help identify what
may be going wrong?

I've read through it, and am following what it's doing ... But not
understanding why it's not working. : )

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Clay