[Trac] No changeset X in repository (reprise)

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 21:07:12 CST 2006

Hello,

We are seeing a "No changeset X in repository" error using latest Trac
(from subversion head) and subversion v1.3

The problem arises if repository_dir points to a "virtual" repository
that contains a directory that was copied from somewhere "outside" this
virtual repository.

Hard to explain, easy to demonstrate - attached recipe gives minimal
reproduceable test case.

Last September, someone reported the same error:

http://lists.edgewall.com/archive/trac/2005-September/004901.html

The resulting discussion pointed to ticket #2044 but it looks like that
was a bit off the mark.  #2044 was more to do with identifying need for
resync after changing repository_dir.  resync has no effect on our error.

As a workaround we can avoid these virtual subrepos, but they are a nice
feature for having per-project Tracs.

Thanks,

John